Location: San Diego, CA
Primary responsibility is to ensure compliance by the Company, its subsidiaries and vendors with the Company Compliance Management Program. The role requires knowledge of consumer financial protection laws, regulations, and the ability to address consumer complaints. The Compliance Analyst will stay abreast of developments in the consumer financial regulatory space.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer’s compliance efforts for GS2 (and its subsidiaries) as they relate to regulatory and policy requirements under the company’s consumer finance loan processing.
- Review existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry periodicals including research, analyzing, interpreting and implementing new and pending rules and regulations, including development and writing of internal procedures to meet new requirements.
- Successfully project manage to perform monitoring, analysis, compliance testing and research in support of internal policies for the operations of a loan processing program.
- Create clear and accurate written reports summarizing issues, presenting solutions/recommendations and drive remediation/changes within the organization while maintaining a reliable and resourceful can-do attitude.
- Partner with business managers to comply and respond to information requests by regulatory agencies, audits and other outside parties.
- Develop effective relationships and communications with various areas of the company in support of compliance systems.
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer to provide continuous improvement strategies, measurements and enforcement of policies and procedures.
Education & Other Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of bank compliance and/or related industry experience.
- Working knowledge of loan operations, laws and regulations preferred. Good understanding of current BSA/AML requirements, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple small, medium to large compliance projects.
- Ability to understand the intent of compliance requirements for bank and financial related activity
to provide effective and meaningful analysis.
- Detail-oriented and adaptable to change.
- Must be a team-oriented person and available to travel as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all company information and uses discretion in discussing regulatory
compliance issues with internal and external contacts.
- Consumer financial services experience in consumer lending (education finance industry or solar,
- Experience in banking, finance, structured finance, bankruptcy, debt collections