Customer Service Representative
Department: Borrower Services
Location: San Diego, CA
Each Customer Service Representative role consists of major areas of responsibilities which may include answering inbound calls, making outbound calls, responding to emails, and performing administrative projects. Inbound calls primarily consist of borrowers inquiring about the Servicer of their student loan. Outbound calls primarily consist of returning voice mails, and calling borrowers to inform or remind them of their repayment options. The Customer Service Representative will have a high attention to detail to follow various sets of rules and regulations regarding private and federal student loans held across multiple Servicers and Agencies. Administrative responsibilities primarily include procedural tasks such as recording and tracking documents, phone call or email follow-up in CRM, and special fact gathering assignments as needed. The Customer Service Representative reports to the Customer Service Manager.
- Perform responsibilities following standard operating procedures to meet or exceed documented service level goals.
- Have a high degree of awareness and understanding of information security.
- Answer inbound calls and reach first touch resolution on borrower questions or issues.
- Make outbound calls to respond to customer voice mails, liaise with partner Servicers and Agencies, provide loan updates, and provide options or counseling to borrowers in need of repayment assistance.
- Respond to customer emails and mail.
- Record customer interactions, open/close activities in Salesforce CRM.
- Perform administrative functions such as document tracking and recording, payment tracking and recording, legal tracking and reporting, and ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Follow and understand all compliance and operational guidelines to ensure major areas of responsibilities are completed to compliance guidelines and standards.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Associate degree; advanced education is a plus.
- 2+ years working in customer service position performing phone and administrative responsibilities; consumer finance or student loan experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database experience.
- Ability to follow documented Best Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize, be organized, and manage time effectively to meet service level goals.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org