Quality Assurance – Compliance Tester
Department: Legal - Launch Servicing
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Quality Assurance Tester reports into the Director of Compliance and Operational Risk with dotted line responsibility into the legal and compliance team. The role requires knowledge of consumer financial protection laws, regulations, and the ability to address consumer complaints.
- Support and implement the compliance management standards for the Company (and its subsidiaries) and spearhead continuous operational improvement efforts.
- Drafting and maintaining testing and review procedures.
- Devising loan sampling procedures and enhancing review processes.
- Coordinating, conducting and monitoring testing and reviews of assigned products, portfolios and procedures.
- Participating in internal and external audits and client reviews. Evaluate any findings and assisting in implementing corrective actions.
- Contributing towards the investigation and root cause resolution of customer complaints.
- Collecting and compiling statistical performance data to analyze areas for improvement and proactively developing, recommending and monitoring corrective and preventative actions.
- Help to identify training needs and organizing training interventions to meet compliance and operational risk standards.
- Review existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry periodicals including research, analyzing, interpreting and implementing new and pending rules and regulations, including development and writing of internal procedures to meet new requirements.
- Successfully project manage to perform monitoring, analysis, compliance testing and research in support of internal policies for the operations of a loan processing program.
- Create clear and accurate written reports for management, clients and others summarizing issues, presenting solutions/recommendations and drive remediation/changes.
- Partner with business managers, clients and vendors to comply and respond to information requests by regulatory agencies, audits and other outside parties.
- Develop effective relationships and communications with various areas of the company, vendors and clients in support of compliance systems.
- Work closely with the compliance team provide continuous improvement strategies, measurements and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Ensuring full compliance with consumer lending regulations, established procedures, and policies of Launch.
- Representing and communicating the mission and values of Launch Servicing.
- Acting as a total team player.
- Performing ad-hoc assignments, duties and contributing to special projects as assigned.
Education & Other Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business or rated field or related experience.
- 3-5 years of financial services compliance, examination, auditing and/or related industry experience.
- Working knowledge of loan operations, laws and regulations preferred. Good understanding of BSA/AML requirements, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and maintain focus.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple compliance projects in a fast paced in environment.
- Ability to understand the intent of compliance requirements for bank and financial related activity to provide effective and meaningful analysis.
- Detail-oriented and adaptable to change.
- Must be a team-oriented person and available to travel as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, while delivering corrective actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all company information and uses discretion in discussing regulatory compliance issues with internal and external contacts.
- Consumer financial services experience in consumer lending (education finance industry or solar, a plus).
- Experience in banking, finance, structured finance, bankruptcy, debt collections.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Launch Servicing to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.